IHS Exemption for the Dependants
A dependant may be any of the following:
- a husband, wife or partner
- a child under 18 years of age
- a child over 18 years of age, if they are currently in the UK as a dependant
Eligibility to Apply for IHS Reimbursement
2 categories of dependants who may be able to claim a reimbursement are as follows:
- Dependants of UK nationals or who has indefinite leave to remain (IRL) and has paid the IHS for a period on or after 31 March 2021.
- Dependants of other temporary migrants;
For instance, if you work in a health or social caresetting for at least 16 hours per week,
If you are the dependant of a person who is in the UK on a work or student visa but who does not work in health or social care, you would only be able to claim a reimbursement for yourself and any further dependants such as children.
Duration of IHS Reimbursement
Applicants may receive IHS payment back within 6 weeks from submission to claim.
Required Evidence to Claim Reimbursement
- The Applicant’s IHS number and of any dependants who are also being claimed for.
- Payslips covering the 6-month period of the claim.
Contact us today for your free consultation
+44 (0) 1618 396 014
+44 (0) 7448 290192