If one of your grandparents was born in the UK and you are a citizen of a Commonwealth country you may be able to apply for a Visa.
Duration of Visa :
This visa is granted for 5 years and it allows you to live and work in the UK, after 5 years you can apply to extend the visa or apply for permanent settlement in the UK.
What you need to know:
An applicant must meet the following requirements for an Ancestry Visa:
You must prove that you:
- Are aged over 17
- Can maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependents without recourse to public funds are able and plan to work in the UK
In terms of your ancestry you must show you have a grandparent that was:
- Born in the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- Born in the Republic of Ireland before 31 March 1922
- Born on a British-registered ship or aircraft
UK ancestry can also be claimed even if you or your relevant parent were adopted, however it can’t be claimed through step-parents
- You will need to prove that your grandparent was born in UK and that you are able to and willing to work in the UK.
- The applicant need only to show that they are genuinely intending to look for work, they don’t need to have a job offer in place.
We will help you prove your British heritage and can be used as evidence for your application.
How SBA Solicitors can help you?
SBA Solicitors will ensure that your chances of getting your visa UK are high and for that, we assign an expert solicitor who assesses the entire situation along with requirements and eligibility. We assist with completion and compiling of applications and documents and will navigate you through the immigration maze making the whole process clear and concise.
We will help you decide and take you through the best option and category for you.
We assist with:
Document check service
- We help you prepare the Letter of Representation in which the details of your case and its merits will be listed
- Liaise with the Home Office and British High Commission from start to finish
- Completion of the full application from start to finish with one to one advice service to ensure you are happy with every part of your application.
- 24/7 contact and updates on your matte
Contact SBA Solicitors on 0161 302 7905
We are friendly and professional and work diligently to provide our clients with a service that is second to none.
For further information
At SBA Solicitors with over 20 years experience we take pride in our customer service and can provide the best advice to suit your needs. We are always Approachable, Available and can provide clear advice for anyone wanting legal advice. With specialist solicitors experienced in the legal field.