Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur
Tier 1 Graduate Visa Application ****CHANGES***The Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa is being replaced with the new Start-up visa.
The visa requirements?
· You must have been awarded a Bachelor, Masters or PhD degree.
· You will be required to demonstrate maintenance funds of £945 if applying from inside the UK or £1,890 if applying from outside. You have to show documentary evidence that you have held this full amount in your bank account for a consecutive 90 day period before you apply.
· You must demonstrate entrepreneurial and business leadership skills and commitment to making to the venture a success.
· You must have a credible, viable business idea that will be deemed to add to the UK economy.
How do I get endorsed?
Endorsement process is looking to verify that your business venture has the potential to make a valued contribution to the UK economy and that you are capable and willing to commit to making the business successful.
You must score points in the tables below:
Attributes: pass mark = 75 Points Points available
You have been endorsed by:
• a UK Higher Educational Institution (HEI) or the Department for International Trade (DIT). This is in the form of a letter. 25 You have been awarded a recognised:
• bachelor’s degree
• master’s degree, or
• Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) This does not include equivalent level qualifications if they are not a degree.
This qualification must be:
• a UK degree, or
• for overseas qualifications, the standard must be confirmed by UK NARIC. 25
Endorsement letter confirms that your endorsing body considers you to have a genuine and credible business idea and is satisfied you will spend the majority of your working time furthering this.
The endorsement must also confirm your intended business sector (points will not be awarded for businesses engaged in property development/management).
English language: pass mark = 10 Points available Evidence proving you:
• have English language skills to the required standard, and
• meet the requirements explained in this guidance. 10 Maintenance (money): pass mark = 10 Points available
To qualify for leave under Tier 1(Graduate entrepreneur) you must show you have enough money to support yourself.
When you make your application, refer to the following Immigration Rules. Appendix A of the Immigration Rules for further information on Attributes. Appendix B of the Immigration Rules for further information on English language.
There are no restrictions on working hours or working for another employer.
Can I switch or do I have to leave the UK to apply?
With a Tier 1 visa, you can apply to ‘switch’ to the graduate entrepreneur visa. You will need top apply before your current leave expires.
Duration of Visa:
The visa is issued for a maximum period of 12 months. After 12 months you have the option to extend the visa for a further 12months. You could apply to switch to the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. The benefit of this route is that you can apply with reduced investment funds of £50,000.
This visa does not directly lead to UK settlement but you can considers switching to Tier 1 Entrepreneur route and may become eligible under this route to qualify for settlement after 5 years.
How SBA Solicitors can help you?
SBA Solicitors will ensure that your chances of getting your visa UK are high and for that, we assign an expert solicitor who assesses the entire situation along with requirements and eligibility. We assist with completion and compiling of applications and documents and will navigate you through the immigration maze making the whole process clear and concise.
We will help you decide and take you through the best option and category for you.
We assist with:
Document check service
- We help you prepare the Letter of Representation in which the details of your case and its merits will be listed
- Liaise with the Home Office and British High Commission from start to finish
- Completion of the full application from start to finish with one to one advice service to ensure you are happy with every part of your application.
- 24/7 contact and updates on your matter
Contact SBA Solicitors on 0161 302 7905
We are friendly and professional and work diligently to provide our clients with a service that is second to none.
For further information
At SBA Solicitors with over 20 years experience we take pride in our customer service and can provide the best advice to suit your needs. We are always Approachable, Available and can provide clear advice for anyone wanting legal advice. With specialist solicitors experienced in the legal field.