This category of visa is available for individuals who are entrepreneaurs and wiosh to establish a busoiness in the UK.
You need to have a viable business idea which has to be endorsed by what the Home Office call an “Endorsing Body”. The endorsing body need to approve your business in order approve your business idea.
You want to start a business in the UK which has a unique idea.
You do not need to invest money. You only need to get endorsed.
You must be endorsed by an authorised body that is either:
- a UK higher education institution
- a business organisation with a history of supporting UK entrepreneurs
You must be able to show that your business idea is:
- a new idea – you cannot join in a business that is already trading
- innovative – you must have an original business idea which is different from anything else on the market
- viable – it has potential for growth
How long you can stay
You can stay for 2 years if you either:
- come to the UK on a Start-up visa
- switch to this visa from another visa while in the UK
You cannot apply to extend this visa.
You may be able to switch to an Innovator visa if you set up a business while on a Start-up visa and:
- your endorsing body assessed and agreed it
- it is active, trading and sustainable
- you have day to day involvement in it
How much you pay for a Start-up visa depends on your situation and where you apply from.
|Who you’re applying for
|Apply (outside the UK)
|Switch (in the UK)
|Your partner and children
|£363 each person
|£493 each person
Contact SBA Solicitors on 0161 302 7905
We are friendly and professional and work diligently to provide our clients with a service that is second to none.
For further information
At SBA Solicitors with over 20 years experience we take pride in our customer service and can provide the best advice to suit your needs. We are always Approachable, Available and can provide clear advice for anyone wanting legal advice. With specialist solicitors experienced in the legal field.